Brick Staining Soot Wash
This soot wash brick-staining solution is ideal for blending new bricks placed next to aged or stained bricks in old brick walls. It permanently changes the shade of porous brickwork to give a polluted or aged brick appearance. The ready to use paint-on wash creates a strong integral bond with masonry to provide a permanent vapour-permeable and natural sooty stain.
Total Wall Care brick stains are carefully formulated using the finest pigmented powders mixed in a potassium silicate fluid. The dyes can be diluted with water if a lighter shade staining is required. The brick-dye is absorbed deep into pores of brick brickwork and other porous masonry, providing a permanent alteration of colour to match typical pollution-stained bricks.
How to Blend New Bricks to match Old Stained Brickwork.
- Our soot wash tint is supplied in 1L containers and are ready-to-use. Shake thoroughly and empty into a suitable vessel.
- Mix with water if a lighter tint is required (maximum 2 parts water to 1 part brick stain).
- Paint tinting dye directly onto the face of each brick using a clean brush.
- Apply further coats for deeper tinting
- Where brush-strokes overlap a darker shade may result.
- This soot wash dye will stain clothing and other absorbant materials! Wash all spills immediately with lots of clean water.
- Our brick stains do not change the texture of the bricks; they merely provide an enduring alteration to their colour.
- Makes up to 3L of brick staining solution at maximum dilution
1L of brick stain will tint approximately 20-25m2 of brickwork. However the exact coverage rate will depend on how porous the bricks are and the shade of tint required. We recommend it is applied to a sample area to determine precise coverage rates and tint.
There are no reviews yet.